Thursday, July 22

Try-bot a sumo version


The robot:
I built this robot as a sumo version of the NXT 1.0 tribot(base).
all I did to the tribot was add a lifter to the front and move the US to a better position.
I also limited my piece usage to allow NXT 2.0 users to build this bot.

The RC opponent:
I purposed in my mind to not stop work on the program for the autonomous bot until it could beat a human controlled sumo at least 2 bouts out of 3. To accomplish this goal, I built a robot using the Power Functions system.

The Board:
The board was built using a 2' x 2' x 1/2" piece of plywood. I tacked a white sheet to it and with a compass drew a black circle. Electrical tape stretches, so I used that to go around the circle.

I don't know how to post .rbt or .ldd files, so I'll link to NXTLog where you can find them.
You can see more pictures here.

3 comments:

  1. neeed insturctions please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been quite a while since I have been here! I will see what I can do though. :)

      -Good.Enough

      Delete
    2. Okay, here is the link to this project over on the NXTLog, I have an LXF file for LDD and a program file for NXT-G. I have been told that the program file is corrupted, but as I have no way of retrieving or recreating it, all I can say is sorry. The LXF file should be in working order though, so here is the link now: http://us.mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/Community/NXTLog/DisplayProject.aspx?id=e8c637c0-02a5-4c39-ab31-c7d1d51ec6ff

      -Good.Enough

      Delete