Tuesday, January 18

Building a Line follower. Easy?

Ok, I guess that from my last post I sounded pretty much an expert on the whole line following thing... well ever since then I've been working on a follower myself, and I'll tell you what, it ain't easy.  I find myself in the lower end of  "the middle class of programmers"  which I established in my last post.  (Those who understand the basics and essentials of programming, but have not mastered the art.)  I finished the robot in a few hours, but I've made, and rejected, three complex programs each of which I spent considerable time designing.  I am now on my fourth,  I decided to do it in NXC because I was running out of file space on my NXT when using NXT-G.  So far, I haven't got quite as far as I did in NXT-G, but I had to overcome many obstacles and bugs (not being very fluent in NXC.)  I will be posting updates on my robot as well as code snippets as I get them finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment