Saturday, May 10

Wani: Valkin Up


This level is, as you can see, staged inside an active volcano. The level is one of those belonging to the climbing game mode which I mentioned in an earlier post. I think, however, that I will stick to five crates wide, and just increase the speed at which the lava burns that bottom row, thereby forcing the player to confine him/herself to less space as the game progresses.

Something that has been bothering me is that as I continue adding something, then testing it, then adding something else, then testing that, et cetera, et cetera, my skill in the game increases, and with that, my boredness with the rate of play as well. At this point, I am having difficulty not ramping up the play speed and difficulty to something nobody but Sam and I could get through. This is something a lot of developers go through, and I have been really convinced of the value of testers.

No comments:

Post a Comment